The Good News The reason we're here is to tell you about Him. Everything we do as a church, and the reason we exist in the first place, is because of God's gift of forgiveness through his son Jesus. More than anything else, we want you to know that God loves you and has a plan for your life!
Many spend their lives trying to earn God's approval by following rules, attending religious services, or being a good person; the truth is that the only way to a fulfilling life and an eternal future in heaven is through a relationship with Jesus Christ.
1) God loves you Because of God's love for all persons, He desires that you have unbroken fellowship with Him.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;
2) You are a sinner. All persons are "sinners" in that they disobey God. Sin is choosing to go your own way and do your own thing as opposed to being obedient to God.
Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
3) Sin separates you from God. Sin forms a barrier that prevents you from entering into unbroken fellowship with God, Who is holy. As an unholy sinner, you can't have fellowship with God. You are headed for a Christless eternity that the Bible calls Hell.
Isaiah 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
4) You can't save yourself People often think that through their efforts they can overcome the sin barrier between themselves and God. That isn't true. There's nothing you can do to restore the broken relationship with God. You can't earn God's salvation.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Romans 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
5) God sent His son Jesus to remove the sin barrier What you cannot do for yourself, Jesus Christ has done for you! Your sin is a barrier between you and God. But the Good News is that Jesus died on the cross for you and then rose from the dead in demonstration that His payment was acceptable to God. By taking your punishment on Himself, Jesus made a way for a relationship with God.
1 Peter 2:23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
6) You can receive Jesus Christ through faith Faith is trusting in what Jesus has done for you rather than trusting your own efforts to restore fellowship with God. Faith is complete reliance on Christ to put you in right relationship with God, allowing Him to live His life through you. Faith also involves repentance or genuine sorrow for sin and willingness to turn away from sin.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
7) Through prayer you can trust in Jesus Christ Admit to God that you are a sinner. Express sorrow or repentance for your sinfulness. Ask Him to forgive your sins. Invite Jesus into your life as Savior and Lord. Commit yourself to live for Him.
If you just prayed to receive Christ for the first time, please give us a call (662) 315-3000 or email us and let us know! We would love to help you grow, because accepting Christ is just the beginning of an awesome life-long journey!